Spouse and children reunion immigration class
Canadian permanent residents or citizens’ spouses, common-law partners (Common Law), Conjugal Partner and unmarried children under 22 years of age are applicable. Reunion immigration is divided into domestic application and overseas application, and domestic application. Applicants who already hold a study permit in Canada or have entered Canada through a tourist visa are recommended to submit a domestic application. In the case of a domestic application, the applicant can apply for a spouse work permit at the same time as the immigration application is submitted Work legally in Canada. However, if the applicant is unable to obtain a Canadian tourist visa to enter Canada or already holds a work permit, it is recommended to submit an overseas application. The advantage of an overseas application is that the processing time will be shorter than that of a domestic application.
- The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident over the age of 18
- The person being sponsored must be over 16 years old, meets Canadian medical requirements, and has no criminal record
- Marriage or common-law relationship must be real
- The guarantee letter and guarantee contract must be filled out and submitted
- Although the law does not have statutory income requirements for guarantors who sponsor spouses without independent children, guarantors have a higher chance of approval for applications that exceed the cut-off income.
Parents and grandparents reunited with immigrants
Canadian citizens or permanent residents, over 19 years of age, are eligible to sponsor parents and grandparents to apply for Canadian permanent resident status.
Parents reunited with immigrants have been changed to a random draw starting in January 2019. Applicants need to fill out an online form to express their willingness to reunite, and the Immigration Bureau will randomly select and invite applicants to submit complete materials. According to the number of families, the guarantor needs to meet the income standard in the three years before the application, including each year during the immigration process. As long as the spouse is willing to sign together, then the income can be combined.
|Home total number of people (including the guarantor and the applicant please people )||2018 minimum income requirements||2017 minimum income requirements||2016 minimum income requirements||2015 minimum income requirements|
|7 or more person, for each additional person, the additional fee is||$8,740||$8,616||$8,522||$8,358|