Owner Operator Work Permit
Owner Operator Work Permit is suitable for entrepreneurs who are interested in starting a new business or purchasing a business in Canada and have a certain foundation in English; or have graduated students who intend to immigrate to Canada through self-employment. This program allows foreign owners and co-owners of Canadian companies to obtain a labor market impact assessment (LMIA) to apply for a work permit to come to Canada. Once approved, these owners will actively manage their Canadian business investments, increase local jobs, and promote economic development. Finally, they will gain local work experience and achieve the purpose of immigration. While the applicant enters Canada with a work permit to start a business, his spouse can apply for a Canadian Spouse Open Work Permit (Spouse Open Work Permit) to go together, and his children can also hold a study permit to enjoy Canada’s free, high-quality public education.
- No age limitation
- No specific academic requirements, overseas academic qualifications need to be certified in advance
- No language requirement in the work permit procedure, and the immigration procedure determines the language requirement according to the project
- Have the corresponding business management background and start-up capital
- Must provide a detailed business plan, including business financing, job creation, financial planning, etc.
- Set up/purchase a business in Canada and hold at least 50% of the shares as a business owner or executive
- After arriving in Canada, applicants need to actively participate in business operation management